Friday 4 July 2014

Before and during recovery

So to keep me inspired and to see the difference so far, here are a few before and after pics. It's way too early to be assessing the outcome of the surgery - I'm still very swollen, it hasn't settled down yet, and it's not really a fair test before my before pics have make-up. But it's still nice to see :-) Sorry about the slightly misplaced pics - I am still finding BlogSpot a slightly wild beast to tame! :-)

Resting face before, and day 20:

You can see a big difference here with my jaw, with the inevitable swelling, and with my ears!!! See you later, sticky-out ears! :-) (This is not a side effect of jaw surgery - my surgeon offered to pin them at the same time for a very small additional fee) My mouth no longer hangs open. Still quite a bit of swelling to go! My hair looks a tad longer in the first pic and now I slightly regret cutting it myself with nail scissors the week before the op. Lols! Ah well, I'll give it a good while to grow while the swelling goes down :-)
 
 
Open bite before and day 20: 
You can really see how it's closed up! This is a combination of the overbite being corrected and the upper jaw being impacted so that the open bite closed. Yippee! I can't wait to bite things. 
 
                                             
                                                            
 

6 comments:

  1. You're looking so great Jen! Keep us updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Isabel! I am usually a bit of a makeup plasterer so I don't feel quite like myself at the moment, as well as all the swelling/numbness....:-) but it is very liberating not to bother with it!! I genuinely don't care at all! Patience is everything - all this is only temporary :-) Hope you're doing well too!

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking really well. :) I think it really is the first two weeks where everyone who has this surgery looks a bit strange, but after that you get back to normal. Your swelling has come down nicely. :O
    I saw on your last post that you had quite a bit of bruising (more than me and I thought mine was a lot) but it's just about gone which is great.
    :)
    Abi xxx
    maxillofacialmemories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Abi! Looks like you're doing really well too :-) Yeah the bruising was a lot, but nowhere near as much as when I fell down the stairs at work before Christmas!! That came out like a massive blood blister all over my hip. Oops! :-) So this didn't scare me luckily. Keep me updated on how you are doing too!

    xxx Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you look amazing already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks C! I'm so happy that my teeth meet together now - there's a whole world of biting in store for me in just a little time :-) xxx Jen

    ReplyDelete