Monday 30 June 2014

Days 1-3

So! The first night in hospital was in recovery, then the first full day after the surgery was quite tough. I'd seen so many photos of swollen post-op people, but the pressure in my face was a bit of a shock! The best advice I can give is to have a sense of humour, don't take yourself too seriously, and remember it's temporary. And don't get frustrated if it's really hard to drink. Keep trying and be patient with yourself! I found it really hard to swallow, so on Day 1 I didn't do so well. However, people tried to keep me cheerful. Here is a photo my parents sent me with their sympathy! :-) Haha.




Here are some photos from those first puffy few days. Excuse the bloody nose! It was really stuffed up and it took me a while to get the guts to do something about it; I was afraid it was cause some serious bleeding! (It didn't, in the end :-) )





2 comments:

  1. You're looking well for the first three days! :)
    Keep positive. The worst day for my was the second day after surgery, but after that I was feeling better by the day.
    Did they not pack your nose with cotton wool things? I had that on the day of surgery and for two days after to stop it bleeding and after that I didn't get any bleeding at all. Although, I was really congested for about two weeks and was really snotty (gross, I know)!

    Keep us updated on your progress. :) ♥

    Abigail
    http://maxillofacialmemories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abi! Thanks for your message :-) No they didn't pack my nose...that sounds like a good plan! It was just a bit stuffed up with blood. Once I got the guts to sort that out (I worried it would bleed forever!) it was much better. Yes...the snot was truly disgusting.....:-)

    I've just uploaded my days 4-14 recovery pics - take a look! :-)

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete