Sunday 1 June 2014

Surgery in 2 weeks!

Nearly jaw time! I'm having my surgery in two weeks. I had a meeting with the surgeon and the technician, who has made some plaster models of my jaw. They discussed how to make my bite meet together properly and have decided that as well as impacting the upper jaw and moving the lower jaw forward, they will also be expanding the upper jaw. At the moment it is too narrow and so my teeth will not fit together properly unless this is addressed. So that's another thing to add to the list! Always disconcerting when someone takes away a model of your jaw, cuts it into three pieces, then returns with a smile and a flourish: "voila! all better!" Slightly apprehensive now, but I have faith in the god of jaws  :-)

I will post some more pics soon of what is happening and how my jaws are now. If anyone has any tips for recovery I'd love to hear them! My mum is getting quite scared and worried now. I'm starting to feel it myself a little bit, but that's only since they told me about the segmental osteotomy and having to have a wafer afterwards. Any tips on surviving this?? I read in everyone's blogs they are not very pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment